The annual Content Delivery & Security Association’s (CDSA) Content Protection Summit (CPS) on Dec. 5 in Marina del Rey is the largest conference of the year dedicated to securing Hollywood’s content. Annually, CDSA’s leadership uses the event to raise industry awareness about vital security issues facing our industry. This year the conference theme is “Guarding our Content & Community!”
The CPS Conference Committee has also announced its keynotes (to register for CPS, click here):
• Security awareness expert Winn Schwartau, who will provide step-by-step guidelines for designing and implementing an “awesome organization-wide security awareness program,” from concept to launch to metrics. Named one of the Top-5 Security Thinkers by SC Magazine, Schwartau is annually named one of the top-rated speakers at the RSA Conference.
• Alex Pickering, Global Content Security Director, BBC Studios, who will describe the security challenges faced in delivering global moments for shows like “Doctor Who,” “Sherlock” and “Blue Planet II.”
• Jonathon Morgan, Chief Executive Officer, New Knowledge, and Founder of Data for Democracy, will offer updates on the latest techniques adversaries are using to attack entertainment brands, target journalists, and manipulate the media.
The CPS 2018 Conference Program has been organized into four sectors:
• Setting the Policy: How are industry leaders and associations working together to create a consensus around common policies, controls and standards? This is where the community begins.
• Securing the Tools: How are key solutions providers and service providers working to harden their tools and secure their customer’s workflow? Since the tools need to be interoperable, a community of technology suppliers needs to organize.
• Building Confidence in the Cloud: As everything from concept to the consumer experience is now in the cloud, and since the cloud, by definition, empowers the community, this transformative technology and its myriad of security implications receives special attention this year.
• Guarding the Community: Training and awareness need to become embedded in every studio’s corporate culture –followed by everyone who’s livelihood is dependent upon maximizing the security of their products, productions and personnel (which means everyone).
This year’s Content Protection Summit will also include these Special Events:
• Trusted Partner Network (TPN) Workshop
• WiTH Networking Skills Workshop
• CDSA/ISAC Workgroup Meeting
The 2018 CDSA Content Protection Summit is presented by SafeStream, and sponsored by EdgeScan, Microsoft Azure, LiveTiles, Aspera, Amazon Web Services, Convergent Risks, Dolby, NAGRA, EIDR, the Trusted Partner Network (TPN), Videocites, Human-i-t, Telesoft and Bob Gold and Associates and is produced by the Media & Entertainment Services Alliance (MESA) in association with CDSA, the Hollywood IT Society (HITS), Smart Content Council and Women in Technology Hollywood (WiTH).
To activate a sponsorship, contact Christian Calson at [email protected]